CAPTAIN TOM 100 CHALLENGE
The Chatsworth Schools Group undertook several activities to support the work and legacy of Captain Sir Tom Moore. As we approached what would have been his 101st birthday, we as a community, decided to sieze the opportunity to remember his example, celebrate his life, have some fun and, in his memory, raise some money together.
So, in no particular order, last week we …
1. Created the number 100 on an outside space, with as many pupils and staff as possible
2. Across the Chatsworth Group, we travelled 100 miles and the Senior pupils ran 10 miles in support
3. Nursery planted 100 sunflower seeds and the Eco Team planted 100 daffodil bulbs.
4. Prep and Nursery undertook 100 acts of kindness across the week
Over the Bank Holiday we set the following challenges for pupils to complete at home
- Using 100 lego bricks, Prep pupils can make something creative and bring it to school on Tuesday, 4 May 2021. We will photograph them and select winners across the group.
- Creating a 100-word story, Years 1 to 6 should bring their entries in handwritten or printed form on Tuesday, 4 May 2021 and again we will offer prizes to the winners.
- Senior pupils can spend 100 minutes doing jobs for family and friends. We ask them to raise money doing this, which they should bring into school on Tuesday, 4 May 2021.We will be taking lots of photos to share with you.
We would obviously like to raise as much money as we can. You can help us either by making a donation directly in support of your child through this link: https://captaintom100.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/captaintom100/make-a-donation.jsp
or send a donation into school which will be collected by our Accounts Office and then sent to the fund.